- Everyone is impacted directly or indirectly by alcohol and drug addiction diseases.
- 1/3 of all households are dealing with alcohol and drug addiction diseases.
- 1 in 10 people have an alcohol or drug addiction disease of which 1 or 2 seek treatment.
- Of people seeking help in 1 in10 have access to treatment.
- The main barriers to getting treatment are financial resources or lack of access to treatment centers.
- Individuals, families and communities need information on appropriate and successful evidence based treatment .
- We cannot arrest our way out of the problem of addiction.
- 70% of people incarcerated are because of alcohol or drug addiction diseases.
- It costs the tax payers $35,000 per inmate per year,
- Over 95% of all federal and state money used for treatment and medical research for Alcohol and Drug Addiction is used to build and maintain more prisons.
- Prisoners that do not get treatment during their stay will have an 80% chance of being reincarcerated within one year of their release.
- 9 out of 10 prisoners who get treatment are not reincarcerated or Only 1 in 10 prisoners who get treatment are reincarcerated.
- 80% of juvenile court cases are drug related.
- The ARCHway Institute is a 501(c)3 organization registered in Florida, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Colorado and North Carolina.
ARCHway Institute Areas of Focus:
- ARCHway Institute will help reduce the stigma associated with alcohol and drug addiction through education and awareness for individuals, families and communities.
- ARCHway Institute will provide resources (financial and informational) to individuals, families and communities to help remove barriers for those who want to get into a recovery center
- People can and do get better with the proper support programs
- Preventative programs through education of individuals, families and communities
- A network of knowledgeable friends to support caregivers and individuals with an alcohol or drug addiction
- Treatment while incarcerated
- Evidence based treatment programs (a combination of medical help and therapy)
Help make the necessary changes in our communities: